CANdo CAN Bus Analyzer:
The CANdo USB to CAN (Controller Area Network) interface provides a direct connection between a PC & an embedded CAN bus, via USB. Together with the CANdo Application it provides a simple, but powerful means of analysing any CAN network. CANdoISO is a new galvanically isolated version of CANdo, with improved performance. CANdo supports both CAN 2.0A & 2.0B standards and is fully compatible with USB v1.1, 2.0 & 3.0.
Features & Benefits:
- Fully compliant with the CAN 2.0A & CAN 2.0B Bosch specifications
- ISO 11898-2 (High speed CAN) physical interface
- CAN baud rate adjustable from 6.25k to 1M baud
- Recognises CAN data, remote & error frames
- All CAN frames timestamped
- Reports CAN bus status & internal status
- 3 modes of CAN bus operation - normal, listen only & loopback
- Supports low level CAN message filtering
- Fully compatible with higher level protocols such as J1939, DeviceNet & CANopen
- USB v1.1, 2.0 & 3.0 compatible
- Powered via the USB port
- Internal firmware upgradeable from PC over USB
- Complies with the requirements of the EU Directive 2004/108/EC on EMC
- RoHS compliant
- FREE CANdo Application software
- FREE CANdo SDK
About CANdo Application Software:
The CANdo Application software is designed to work in conjunction with the CANdo Interface, to provide a simple, yet powerful tool for viewing, logging & transmitting messages on a CAN network.
CAN View - Fixed Mode
The CAN View window displays all messages received & transmitted on the CAN bus, as well as error frames & bus state changes. In 'Fixed View' mode, messages are displayed in fixed positions in a list. Any new message with the same 'Type' & 'ID' as one already in the list automatically overwrites the currently displayed message.
The CAN messages maybe displayed in either decimal or hexadecimal format.
CAN View - Cyclic Mode
In 'Cyclic View' mode, messages are displayed in chronological order in a list. New messages are added to the end of the list, until the cyclic buffer is full, then the list loops back to the start. The size of the cyclic buffer maybe specified in the 'View' > 'Options'.
The CAN Transmit page consists of a CAN transmit list & a CAN Transmit Editor. The editor allows messages to be specified & then added to the transmit list. The CAN Transmit page maybe combined with the CAN View page to assist in interactive debugging of the CAN bus.
Messages in the list can be stopped/started & modified while CANdo is running.
Transmit messages may be triggered -
OnTime - periodic
OnKey - single, manually keyed
Now - immediate
The CAN Setup page allows the CAN baud rate, operating mode & receive filters to be specified.
Baud rate from 6.25k to 1M
Normal, listen only & loopback operating modes
Multiple filters for both receive buffers
The CAN Setup & the CAN Transmit list can be saved to a configuration file for later retrieval.
CAN Bus Load
The total bus load presented by all the messages on the CAN bus is displayed in the status bar, if a CANdoISO or CANdo AUTO device is connected.